On certain rare cases, it is not possible to update the plugin inside wordpress because of server configuration or because a firewall is hindering wordpress to download the latest version. In this case, you can update the plugin manually using FTP. You need an FTP software to access your server files. In Mac, you can use Transmit or Cyberduck. In Windows, you can use FileZilla.
1. Download the latest version of the plugin by logging into the customer portal:
Go to the customer portal to download the latest version of the plugin: https://infusedaddons.com/portal. If you already forgot your password, click on the forgot password link to reset your password.
2. Extract (unzip) the downloaded zip file in your computer.
To extract / unzip the plugin zip file, simply double click the file in Mac and it will unzip the file. In Windows, you can right-click on the zip file and click “extract”.
3. Using your FTP software, navigate to the plugins directory of your wordpress installation.
The plugins directory is located in wp-content/plugins. You should see a folder named “infusedwooPRO”.
4. Delete the infusedwooPRO folder.
This seems to be a destructive action but yes — you have to delete the folder as you will replace this with the new one. No settings will be lost as everything is saved in WordPress database.
5. Transfer the unzipped infusedwooPRO folder and upload this to the plugins folder
Still on the wp-content/plugins folder, now upload the infusedwooPRO folder from your computer to the server by dragging the folder.
6. Go to WordPress –> Plugins and make sure the plugin is enabled.
The last step is to ensure that the new version of plugin is installed and enabled inside wordpress.